Is there an updated documentation generator available?
John Perry
2017-01-11 18:10:50 UTC
Hi All,

I'm using Cincom's flavor of Smalltalk (VisualWorks 7 at the moment). I'm looking for a documentation generator akin to Doxygen. I have found some old (as in older than 10 years) posts on how to leverage VisualWorks to dump some of the class structure into a text format.

I've also heard of the Advance2 module which I will explore shortly.

In the meanwhile, is there anything more recent available? Does anyone know if Cincom's ObjectStudio can provide this?

Cheers,
John
John Perry
2017-01-11 19:48:23 UTC
Post by John Perry
Hi All,
I'm using Cincom's flavor of Smalltalk (VisualWorks 7 at the moment). I'm looking for a documentation generator akin to Doxygen. I have found some old (as in older than 10 years) posts on how to leverage VisualWorks to dump some of the class structure into a text format.
I've also heard of the Advance2 module which I will explore shortly.
In the meanwhile, is there anything more recent available? Does anyone know if Cincom's ObjectStudio can provide this?
Cheers,
John
I did just spend an hour playing with Advance2 and it does create some blocks and connections between classes and their parents/children. This does seem to be a bit labor intensive for large codes though and the resulting output can be a bit difficult to read.