How do busy smalltalk web frameworks handle concurrency aside from using gemstone glass?
polymorph self
2015-03-08 03:12:00 UTC
Like I am mentally stuck on 1 os thread thing....

DO you run multiple smalltalks, 1 per cpu? all with same objects?

can multiple smalltalks share objects?

I am kinda confused?
Baquii
2015-03-30 19:45:35 UTC
Post by polymorph self
Like I am mentally stuck on 1 os thread thing....
DO you run multiple smalltalks, 1 per cpu? all with same objects?
can multiple smalltalks share objects?
I am kinda confused?
I have one app in Dolphin Aida/swazoo. It uses the single OS thread and a lot of
Smalltalk processes. It is CPU intensive and uses mutex and semaphores to handle the concurrency tasks.
So it is one cpu. Think if you have several CPU's then a seperate OODB server would handle the concurrency tasks of object sharing.