Still looking for Smalltalk-80 image for Atari ST
m***@dimap.de
2018-01-05 09:17:17 UTC
Has anyone source for this system ? disks ? file images of thiese discs ?
Joachim
2018-01-05 10:58:19 UTC
Post by m***@dimap.de
Has anyone source for this system ? disks ? file images of thiese discs ?
Marten,

I remember I once had a port of VisualWorks on my ST. Back then, I didn't quite get what this thing was good for, it didn't accept any input (I expected it to answer something when I end my input by pressing Return ;-) ). Even worse, I couldn't even quit it, had to reboot ;-)))

Unfortunately, all my disks from that era have gone. Didn't want to keep moving that old stuff around. I regret it today, would love to use WordStar these days...

Was there any other Smalltalk available on the ST? Maybe GNU in one of its earliest versions?

Joachim
m***@dimap.de
2018-01-05 21:45:36 UTC
The only version available was Smalltalk-80 V2.2/2.3 running on a 4MB Atari ST.

The version has been produced by Georg Heeg in Germany - but the company told me, that there is not much left from those days :-(((((
Joachim
2018-01-06 06:45:23 UTC
So I probably had a version of that ;-) It's been a long time since then.

I still miss Kandinsky from time to time. And 1st Word Plus (Not Wordstar, sorry), and Signum.

Joachim
m***@dimap.de
2018-01-06 21:18:09 UTC
Post by Joachim
So I probably had a version of that ;-) It's been a long time since then.
I still miss Kandinsky from time to time. And 1st Word Plus (Not Wordstar, sorry), and Signum.
Ahh, a vector drawing program ...